Well I'm ready to be done with the inconsistencies that we have seen at the quarterback position for our beloved Lions. I'm not sure if I am ready to say it's time to stick a fork in Matt Stafford because he is done, but I'm afraid his goose is cooking.
Since he came to town with his mega contract, mega arm, and mega expectations, he has been Superman at times and down right terrible other times.
This is my last year giving Stafford a chance to prove himself. Here are my reasons why:
- A healthy Megatron- enough said.
- A good running back- it might be a two headed monster in Bush & Bell, but they did well last year.
- A solid offensive line- everyone is back and with Reiff coming into his own as a very good to great left tackle.
- Addition of Ebron & Golden Tate- some guys who just catch the ball.
- A defense that looks very much improved over last year (ok, except for the secondary, yikes!).
- Coaches who understand the position and will tailor the playbook around Stafford.