- Stephen Tulloch's team beat Dominic Raiola's team in a charity softball game on Saturday.
Nate Burleson showed up to the softball game dressed in all orange in honor of him now playing for the Cleveland Browns.
planning a touchdown celebration (and a fine to go along with it) for the Browns' preseason game against the Detroit Lions at Ford Field. Since it's just the preseason, part of me hopes that he does find the end zone just so we can get a look at his fine-worthy celebration.
Travis Lewis had a funny message for Burleson on Saturday:
Travis Lewis had a nice greeting for Nate Burleson: "I'm gonna $% you up."— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) June 7, 2014
Willie Young, who is now with the Chicago Bears after spending four years with the Lions, was also at the charity softball game. He said that he left the Lions on good terms despite the fact that he signed with a division rival.
- In the home run derby at the charity softball game, Golden Tate defeated Calvin Johnson.
Big upset in Lions softball HR Derby. Calvin Johnson loses to Golden Tate. "You can't be the greatest at everything." http://t.co/1K23kOzF13— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) June 7, 2014
- Kyle Van Noy had a pretty awesome Lions ice sculpture at his wedding reception on Saturday night.
Reggie Bush recently provided more confirmation that Theo Riddick will have a bigger role on offense this year for the Lions.
- Road to Radio City matched all 32 NFL teams with the countries in this year's World Cup, and the Lions drew Argentina as their comparison. Does that make Megatron the Lionel Messi of the NFL?
- Jahvid Best's lawsuit against the NFL, Riddell and Easton-Bell Sports was dismissed last month. Pro Football Talk took a look at what this means from a legal standpoint.
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman will be on the cover of Madden NFL 15.
- The NFL's demands for cities that host the Super Bowl are pretty ridiculous.