The NFL offseason is beginning to wind down, and the Detroit Lions' first training camp with Jim Caldwell as head coach is almost here. The Lions' veterans are set to report to camp on Sunday, July 27 (a bit later than usual), and the team's first practice will be held a day later.
In preparation for training camp, the Lions announced their open practice schedule on Thursday. The first two practices of camp -- on Monday, July 28 and Tuesday, July 29 -- will be open to season-ticket holders, and the Lions will open up camp to the general public on Aug. 1. Here's the full open practice schedule (all times Eastern):
- Wednesday, July 30 - 7:30 p.m. (Wayne State) *Ticket required*
- Thursday, July 31 - 2 p.m. (Allen Park) *Wristband required*
- Friday, Aug. 1 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Saturday, Aug. 2 - 10:30 a.m. (Allen Park)
- Monday, Aug. 4 - 8:30 a.m. (Allen Park)
- Tuesday, Aug. 5 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Wednesday, Aug. 6 - 7:30 p.m. (Ford Field)
- Thursday, Aug. 7 - 2 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Monday, Aug. 11 - 3:30 p.m. (Allen Park)
- Wednesday, Aug. 13 - 2 p.m. (Allen Park)
Take note that the Lions have designated Aug. 2 as Family Day, and take note that the night practice on Aug. 6 is scheduled to be held at Ford Field.
For the practices in Allen Park, gates will open 30 minutes before each session begins. Keep in mind that practices will only be open to the public if they're held outdoors. If bad weather forces the Lions to move indoors, practice will be closed to the public.
Head over to the Lions' official site for more information.
UPDATE: Two more open practices (on July 30 and July 31) have been added to the schedule.