Only a few days remain until the Detroit Lions travel east to face the New England Patriots. Detroit really doesn't appear to have any chance of winning this game, so it should be a good day to be a Pats fan. Playing on the road at Foxboro in these later months of the year is never easy, especially when you're 2-9. In order to get ready for this week's
game loss, here are some notes.
- Practice was held on the indoor fields at the Allen Park facility this week and players worked out in helmets, shoulder pads, and shorts.
- This is only the eighth time that Detroit and New England will have played all-time. Detroit comes into the game looking for a miracle upset and the Pats looking for another win over a NFC North foe. So far New England has beaten the Packers and Bears, meaning that Detroit's fate will probably be the same.
- According to SI.com, backup quarterback Josh McCown has started his career all over again as they referred to him as a rookie. I guess SI just discounted for his year's spent out in Arizona.
- This week's game will be televised back on FOX in and around the Detroit area. Matt Vasgersian will be the play-by-play announcer and JC Pearson the color commentator.
- The initial team injury report for the Lions this week looks like this: WR Devale Ellis (shoulder), DT Shaun Rogers (knee) and T Rex Tucker (knee) are questionable; WR Corey Bradford (illness) and DT Tyoka Jackson (foot) are probable.