Following a Lions upset over the Falcons on Sunday, fans everywhere in Detroit rejoiced as they got to celebrate a victory for only the second time this season. From the 30-14 win are some notes (below) from the game.
- The Lions completed a great feat of having three players get some big stats. Jon Kitna passed for over 300 yards, Roy Williams received for over 100 yards, and then Kevin Jones rushed for over 100 yards. That's the first time Detroit has done that this season as they came up just short twice before.
- Detroit recorded their highest amount of yardage in one game for this season on Sunday when they racked up 435 net yards. This is the second time they have gone over 400 this season.
- Roy Williams set a new career high for his longest reception when he went 60 yards down the field for a TD. His previous high-mark was against the Bears last year when he had a 51 yard reception. This was the Lions' longest completion all season.
- Williams has caught a touchdown in three consecutive games now, which is a career high. Also, this was his eight career game of having over 100 yards receiving, placing him sixth all-time for Lions receivers.
- Mike Furrey's longest reception ever came on the first drive of the game when he hauled a pass in for 26 yards. Casey FitzSimmons recorded his first catch of the season. Finally, Sean McHugh got his first career reception in the third quarter.
- Ernie Sims' fumble recovery on Atlanta's first drive of the game was the first of his career. Mike Vick was scrambling around and had the ball knocked loose, and Ernie Sims was in the right place at the right time to fall on it.
- Dré Bly and Kenoy Kennedy both intercepted their first passes of the season on Sunday. Bly's came at an important point in the game since Atlanta was backed up near their own goalline. The INT set up a Kevin Jones TD run on the very next play. Kenoy Kennedy's interception ended the game and solidified the Lions' win.
- Jason Hanson moved into fourteenth place all-time for scoring in the NFL after kicking a few field goals. Also, Hanson had 2 touchbacks during the game, bringing his season total up to 8 on the year.