Kickoff at Lambeau Field is just a few days away, meaning that the Detroit Lions will get ready for their third to last game of the season soon. This has been one rough week for Lions fans, even though that is the usual trend. Kevin Jones, one of the better players on this team, was placed on the IR and his status is in question for 2007. Not only that, but a few other players are hurting after suffering some of their own injuries. As we head into the end of the work week, let's take a look at the latest.
- Offensive lineman Blaine Saipaia went on the injured reserve yesterday after he left Sunday's game against Minnesota with a chest injury. That just marks another offensive lineman that fell to the injury bug that has been around all season. The worst part is that Saipaia was originally brought on as a backup, but following numerous injuries, stepped into the starting role four times this season. Now, he is lost for the final three games, meaning that Jon Kitna, Arlen Harris, and Aveion Cason better look out as a very inexperienced o-line will be doing the blocking.
- Speaking of injuries, here is what Detroit's initial injury report looks like: Marcus Bell (hand), Fernando Bryant (concussion) and Ross Verba (groin) are doubtful. Teddy Lehman (hamstring) is questionable and Jeff Backus (foot) and Eddie Drummond (hip) are probable.
- When Detroit and Green Bay meet this Sunday in Wisconsin, it will be the 153rd time the two teams have played each other. That is a remarkable number in a rivalry that has been around since the 1930's.
- Sunday's game will be broadcast on FOX with Ron Pitts handling the play-by-play duties and former Giants backup quarterback Jesse Palmer adding color commentary.
- A local Detroit radio station, Sports Radio 1130 WDFN The Fan, is hosting a petition on their website to call for Matt Millen's firing or for him to fire himself. Although it won't make that much of a difference when dealing with William Clay Ford, it is just another way to express your dislike for the job Millen is doing. The list is filling up quickly already, so make sure to go add in your comments.