As we head into day five of training camp, it's time to look back at day four. There's many new story lines after the first days and more are developing after every practice.
- The heatwave moving across the Midwest is making it very hard to practice in Allen Park. The heat index reached 118-degrees on the outdoor fields, and because of that, the afternoon session of practice was held indoors. Mind you, the heat index was still 106-degrees, but it's better then 118. Tomorrow and Wednesday the temperature is predicted to be in the 90's again. A relief won't come until Thursday when the mercury is projected to drop down to the 80's.
- Linebacker Boss Bailey was removed from the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list and practiced in the morning session. He didn't participate in the afternoon session, but that was just a part of the schedule. Only three players currently remain on the PUP list (Dan Campbell, Teddy Lehman and Scottie Vines).
- Shaun Cody and Fernando Bryant both missed practice today. This marks the second consecutive day that the two have been held out of training camp, and the third straight for Cody, who sat out the afternoon session on Saturday.
- Pro Bowler Shaun Rogers left the morning session of practice today due to a shoulder injury. He was taken off on a cart, but that was just for comfort. Rogers didn't return for the afternoon session and was re-evaluated after a MRI. The injury is not believed to be serious, so the hope is that he'll be back in the next few days.
Rod Marinelli's comments on Rogers' injury:"It looked like he turned the corner and slipped, fell and landed on his shoulder. So we'll see how that goes. They'll check him this afternoon."
- Don't forget, the Lions' open practice is this Saturday. If you plan on going then I would make sure to get there early as the Tigers are going to be hosting the Cleveland Indians right across the street. The practice will start right before the Tigers game, but will be affected because of the traffic. 40,000 people are expected to be in attendance for the Tigers game, so you may be held up somewhat.