Only a few preseason practices remain as the Lions will be looking ahead to the regular season immediately following Thursday's game against Buffalo. Here's some notes from yesterday's practice.
- A full-squad workout was held on the indoor field in helmets, shoulder pads, and shorts. With a game just days away, the practice was a little lighter so the Lions can give it their all against the Bills.
- Even though there is only 24 hours or so remaining until the game against Buffalo tomorrow, some tickets are still available. Go to Ticketmaster's website for more ordering information.
- Fernando Bryant, Idrees Bashir, Casey FitzSimmons, Cory Redding, Shaun Rogers, Rex Tucker, Ross Verba and Roy Williams missed practice with injuries. Scottie Vines and Teddy Lehman also missed practice as they remain on the PUP list.
- Tomorrow's game will start at 7:30 p.m. ET and can be seen on UPN Detroit in local media outlets.
- Players fighting to make those final roster spots are going to have to use the game against Buffalo tomorrow to impress coaches one last time before a substantial amount of players are cut. Here's what Rod Marinelli had to say about that:
"It's close. We've got guys at every position right now (competing) and we've tried to keep it open as long as we can. When it's open like that, you're getting quality work from those men and they're improving themselves. The biggest thing is if they're improving in practice they've got a chance to put out a good resume for the rest of the league too - which I want. I want each guy to put out as good a resume as they can and hopefully they all get picked up - the ones we can't keep."