I'm off to the Black & Blue Scrimmage at Ford Field. The public practice comes just a week before the first preseason game of the season against the Broncos. Check back here for a full report and a lot of pictures. Expect the pics to be up tonight or early tomorrow. Until then, here's some notes from the morning session of training camp today.
NOTES FROM DAY 8 OF TRAINING CAMP
- Damien Woody had an x-ray of his hand and is now listed as week-to-week instead of a day-to-day basis. No timetable for his return to practice, but it shouldn't be more then a few weeks at most.
- Wide receiver/kick returner Eddie Drummond is now apart of the injury report. It's nothing major, just a groin injury. He'll be limited to a day-by-day evaluation of his injury. It's likely he won't be in tonight's scrimmage.
- Tackle Barry Strokes hurt his hamstring during practice today and is also listed as day-to-day.
- Starting running back Kevin Jones continues to be limited in practice because of his quad contusion. He's been held out of the drills with more contact so he can get the bruise healed faster.
- Rod Marinelli's comments on the injuries:
"[Damien] Woody is going to get the hand fixed; It's looking like two weeks for Woody. Eddie [Drummond] was just holding down a little bit. He's got some groin pulls; just some tightness. [Barry] Stokes [hamstring] is pretty good. They thought maybe a week, but it might be sooner when he's back. Kevin Jones is going to be fine; he just had a bruise. We're just trying to be more conscious about all of them. Fernando [Bryant] was out there too. Those guys on the outside [defensive backs] have to have the bolts in their legs so they can take off and go."