As we are now less than 24 hours away from a big game against Chicago tomorrow, there's been plenty of things going on that are worth noting. From a fine to the injury report to a contract extension, let's look at the latest.
- The Lions practiced on the indoor field at the Allen Park training facility yesterday in helmets and shorts in preparation for a matchup with the Bears.
- Ernie Sims was fined $7,500 by the NFL for a hit that was considered late against Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck from last week's game. The hit occurred late in the 3rd quarter when Hasselbeck was sliding after a 5 yard run to avoid any contact with a defender. Sims was running at full speed and couldn't miss getting the hit in time. Due to the hit after Hasselbeck had begun his slide, Sims was hit himself with a fine.
- Tight end Casey FitzSimmons has been signed to a 4-year contract extension. FitzSimmons was named the starting tight end out of training camp, but suffered an injury in the first preseason game that still is preventing him to play. Upon his return, I imagine he'll be back in the starting role.
- Detroit's initial injury report for tomorrow's game against Chicago looks like this: Shaun Bodiford (knee) and Casey FitzSimmons (wrist) are out. Ross Verba (hamstring) is questionable.
- The Chicago game will be broadcasted on Fox, and can be seen locally throughout Michigan, Illinois, and other markets. The commentators for this game will be Sam Rosen handling play-by-play, Tim Ryan adding color commentary, and Jay Glazer reporting from the sidelines.