DETROIT LIONS NOTES
- Quarterback Jon Kitna's 342 yard passing performance was the first time a Lions quarterback threw for 300+ yards since Joey Harrington did it against the Tennessee Titans on January 2, 2005.
- After three games, Jon Kitna's completion percentage is 64.5. Considering the struggles the offense has had, I'd say that's pretty good. Even with the 0-3 record, Jon Kitna shouldn't be taking much blame for the losses because he has played very good thusfar in the season.
- The thought of Roy Williams keeping his mouth shut and just letting his play speak for him seems to be working. Williams had a career high 138 yards receiving against the Packers on 7 catches, and also added a touchdown.
- Tight end Dan Campbell set a career high for a single game in receiving yards with 53 yesterday. He had three receptions that equaled that yardage. His three catches were from 25, 6, and 22 yards. Usually Campbell is known more for his blocking, but in the Mike Martz offense, he's getting a chance to receive as well.
- Shawn Bryson also set a career high in the Green Bay game yesterday. His high was for a single reception. That reception came on his 37 yard touchdown reception in the first quarter.
GREEN BAY PACKERS NOTES
- When Brett Favre completed a 75 yard pass to Greg Jennings for a touchdown midway through the first quarter, that was Favre's 400th career TD pass. That milestone is held by only one other quarterback in the NFL's history, Dan Marino. Favre threw 2 more TD passes later on in the game, so he currently has a total of 402. That mark is second all-time to Marino's 420 career TD passes.
- Ahman Green compiled a total of 131 yards yesterday, and with that he pushed his career amount of total yardage over 10,000. His 9 year career has seen a lot of success, and this mark just proves that.
- Marquand Manuel got his first ever interception return for a touchdown when he picked off a Jon Kitna pass in the first quarter yesterday. The interception was deflected off of a Detroit receiver and another Green Bay defender before Manuel caught it and took it back for the touchdown.