- As a reward for last Sunday's victory over Denver, Lions players got Monday and Tuesday off. Kitna received an extra day on top of that off due to all of the hits he's taken this season. The coaches stress that it's nothing serious, but they felt he should take an extra day to get ready for Arizona.
- Speaking of Jon Kitna, he is known now-a-days for being a very religious person, but this only happened after he realized he was doing a lot of band things in life back in October 1993. That prompted a change in his way of life, as he tells ESPN.com Page 2 writer Jemele Hill.
"I was an alcoholic," Kitna said. "I was cheating my way through college. I was a womanizer. The final straw was my girlfriend at the time caught me in bed with another girl. I was just like, what am I doing with my life? This was the best thing that ever happened to me, something I didn't deserve. She's far too beautiful. She loves me. What are you doing?"
A couple months after Kitna got serious about God, the same girlfriend who caught him cheating did the same.
They've been married for 14 years.
The article goes on to talk about how he is so religious, and it really is interesting to see that at one moment he decided to change his life so drastically. The article definitely is worth the read, so check it out.
- Offensive lineman Jonathan Scott is out for a few weeks with a broken finger after he got it caught in a facemask against Denver last Sunday. He had surgery on it earlier this week, and will miss "two to three weeks." Stay tuned for the injury report for a full list of injured players for Sunday's game.
- Detroit surprisingly leads the league in takeaways. I say surprisingly because usually it seems like the Lions are on the wrong side of that statistical category.
- Roy Williams will be looking to end a touchdown drought when he takes the field against Arizona on Sunday as it has been five weeks now since the receiver got into the endzone.
- Shaun Rogers was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his great performance against Denver. On top of that, he actually talked to the media for a brief amount of time.
- A game at Ford Field was ranked 4th in the NFL by Sports Illustrated for the overall fan value experience. Now that the team is winning, I couldn't disagree with that. Watching a game at Ford Field is a very enjoyable thing to do.
Lions Notes: Kitna Talks Religion
By Sean Yuille