- Barry Sanders is going to be honored during the Lions' final home game of the season a week from Sunday against the Chiefs. Sanders is being honored to commemorate the 10-year anniversary of his MVP season where he rushed for 2,053 yards.
- Shaun Rogers is saying that he is simply in a slump and his wait has nothing to do with his recent lackluster play. I hope that's the case and he breaks out of this slump soon, but after seeing it last for as long as it has already, I'm losing faith that it is just a random slump and not something more.
- The Highlight Reel found a couple of videos of Lions safety Greg Blue on YouTube. Blue played great against Dallas as he filled in for an injured Kenoy Kennedy. His great play was exemplified by two big hits on consecutive plays on Marion Barber and by recovering Jason Witten's fumble at the 1-yard line.
- Rod Marinelli thinks the Lions are giving up so many big kick returns because they are being too cautious. I would agree with that as they do seem tentative when kicking the ball off lately.
- The Detroit offensive line has looked much better since Damien Woody switched to right tackle. He has really been playing well and thanks in part from that, Jon Kitna hasn't been hit as much as usual.
- Jon Kitna pointed out earlier this week that winning 10 games still is possible. It would require a miracle, but stranger things have happened. The Lions would have to win out the rest of the season and then win a game in the playoffs, so I would say that although it is possible on paper, let's think about this realistically, Jon.
- The NFL fined Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware $12,500 for an unnecessary hit he had against Jon Kitna last Sunday. After Kitna had thrown the ball, Ware basically stood in front of him and drove him into the ground. The play was definitely worth a penalty and this fine isn't surprising at all.
Lions Notes: Woody Fitting in Nicely at Right Tackle
By Sean Yuille