- Contract negotiations are "starting to pick up" with Calvin Johnson according to the Detroit Free Press. Johnson's agent states in that article that the two sides are talking and are going over the specifics, leading me to believe that a deal shouldn't be too far away. I just want one to get done so the #2 pick can get to training camp.
- This was Detroit's fifth day of two practice sessions, which was completed with full pads in the morning and shells (helmets and shoulder pads) in the afternoon.
- The Lions signed fullback Alan Ricard. Ricard formerly played for the Ravens from 2001 to 2005 and started in 30 games.
- Drew Stanton now is officially listed as week-to-week after learning that he has to have surgery. In reality, Stanton probably won't return until September, which really will slow down his development.
- No changes to the PUP list, as WR Devale Ellis, RB Kevin Jones and DT Shaun Rogers all remain on it.
- T.J. Duckett is now working out at fullback. This is just an experimental thing right now, but it'll be interesting to see how it goes. Duckett definitely has the body of a fullback, so I could easily see him out there at that position.
- Erik Kramer will be returning to CW 50 as the color-commentator for Lions preseason games. Kramer was the usual voice alongside Frank Beckmann in previous years, but in 2006 was replaced by Kelvin Pritchett due to having prior commitments. If you remember back to 1991, Kramer was Detroit's starting QB for most of that season, in which the Lions brought home its lone playoff win since 1957.