- Nothing big happened yesterday during day six of training camp. The morning session was a full squad workout and the afternoon was just special teams practice.
- Former Lions wide receiver Mike Williams is having weight problems in Oakland just as he did in Detroit. I'm just glad Detroit actually got something for BMW, because if he was still on the Lions, he would've been cut awfully quickly.
- Speaking of the Raiders, a quarterback was finally signed by Oakland. It's not the person you might think though. Daunte Culpepper signed a 1-year deal with Oakland, meaning that he will now compete for and probably will win the starting job if he's healthy. My guess, and it's an obvious one, is that Culpepper starts the first few games before JaMarcus Russell takes over full time.
- Defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is making progress despite being on the PUP list. Rogers seems to have gotten his head on straight, which is important in building the defensive line.
- Quarterback Drew Stanton is expected to be back on the field in 2 to 4 weeks.
- 5,000 tickets are still available for the Lions' preseason opener against Cincinnati.
Training Camp Notes: 7/31
By Sean Yuille