- You never want to see a player get injured, but that is never more true in the preseason. Unfortunately for the Lions, the worst has happened with starting free safety Daniel Bullocks, who is now out for the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament against the Colts. As soon as Bullocks went down it didn't look good, and since it's a tear, he was put on the injured reserve, ending his season. The hole opened up in the starting lineup likely will be filled by either Idrees Bashir or Gerald Alexander.
- There are plenty of other injured players on the roster right now. Jon Kitna obviously didn't play against Indy on Saturday, but he probably would've if it was a regular season game. Contrary to earlier reports last week, Shaun Rogers didn't end up playing due to the fact that he wasn't prepared enough after only practicing in pads twice. Moving back to the offense, Mike Furrey, Damien Woody, and Frank Davis all sat out with a knee or ankle injury.
- Staying on the topic of injury, two other players were injured in the Indy game aside from Daniel Bullocks. Luckily, these injuries don't seem as serious. Tatum Bell went down and didn't return after hurting his shin and Boss Bailey got a contusion. Marinelli says that both will be fine.
- Detroit has until Saturday to decide on what to do with Kevin Jones. The Lions can leave him on the PUP list, but he will have to miss the first part of the season. If he is taken off and activated, it'll waste a roster spot if he doesn't play immediately, so a tough decision is ahead.
- Dre' Bly is hatin'.
- The Lions will have to trim down the roster to 75 players tomorrow, which is the first round of cuts this week. On Saturday, the Lions will finalize the 53 man roster with even more cuts.