- Both practices were outside yesterday since the weather was perfect. A little hot maybe, but aside from temperature it was sunny skies all day. The morning practice was full pads and the afternoon in shells.
- 20 alumni were at the morning practice for Detroit Lions Alumni Day. Some of those former players included QB Greg Landry (1968-78), RB Horace King (1975-83), G Bob Kowalkowski (1966-76), LB Scott Kowalkowski (1994-2001), DB Gary Lowe (1957-64), and HB Wally Triplett (1949-50).
- WR Devale Ellis, RB Kevin Jones, and DT Shaun Rogers are still on the PUP list and didn't practice.
- Kevin Jones worked out for 30 minutes in the afternoon yesterday. Any progress is good news for Jones. I'm not exactly sure what the timetable for his return is, but hopefully we will see him healthy enough to play come the first game in September.
- Don't forget the Lions are holding an open practice at Ford Field tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. Entry is free and will allow you to get a look at the Lions if you can't make it to one of the training camp practices that have been opened. Following the practice, you can catch Charlie Sanders' Hall of Fame induction on the video boards in Ford Field.
Training Camp Notes: 8/2
By Sean Yuille