- Running back Kevin Jones, who just was put on the active roster this past weekend, has returned to practice and is hoping to get back on the field before the season's sixth game.
- Is Buster Davis on the Lions practice squad? Maybe. The third-round draft pick was cut by the Cardinals when the roster was shrunk to 53 players and he went unclaimed on waivers after one day. One thing we do know is that he was in Detroit on Tuesday to meet with the Lions. Tom Kowalski reports that he was there to sign, but couldn't confirm if he actually did or not. The mother of Buster Davis has said that he was going to Detroit to be on the practice squad, so I'd guess he is. The official roster doesn't include his name yet, so keep an eye on that.
Update [2007-9-6 0:0:45 by Sean Yuille]: Buster Davis has been signed officially.
- One of the roster casualties from the post-cut period was linebacker Johnny Baldwin, the Lions' fifth-round pick from this year's draft. He was released after Detroit claimed rookie safety Eric Frampton off waivers from the Raiders. As it turns out, Baldwin was claimed by the Chiefs soon after, killing any hopes of a return to Detroit like the Lions had hoped. That may be why Buster Davis is being brought in, as Detroit does have a need to replace Baldwin at linebacker on the practice squad.
- Calvin Johnson wants to win Rookie of the Year and eventually make the Pro Bowl.
- That Pro Bowl some day may end up being played the week before the Super Bowl in the future. Roger Goodell apparently is considering the change to move it to the venue of the Super Bowl for that specific year. The reason to have it the week before the Super Bowl is to fill that void in between the conference championships and the SB. I like the idea. It would be a way to create more interest in the game, so why not?