- Jon Kitna missed practice again on Thursday, and it is looking more and more like he won't start for the Lions on Sunday. It will probably be a game-time decision, but if Kitna doesn't play then Dan Orlovsky would likely step in to replace him, just as he did against the Bears. I would hope Orlovsky plays better if he does start, but there really is no reason to believe he will.
- The Lions waived running back Marcus Thomas and signed fullback Moran Norris on Thursday. Thomas was signed after the last round of cuts back at the end of August. Before joining the Lions, Thomas was a member of the Chargers, who drafted him earlier this year. Norris, the newest member of the Lions, played for the 49ers before being released during the final round of cuts.
- Detroit also signed defensive back Chris Roberson to the practice squad to fill the vacancy created by the departure of Kenneth Moore. The Panthers signed Moore earlier this week from the Detroit's practice squad, giving Roberson, a former Eastern Michigan player, the chance to join the Lions.
- Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports thinks the Lions should trade Dewayne White, Brian Kelly, Roy Williams, and Cory Redding.
- Speaking of Brian Kelly, he isn't happy that he didn't play at all against the Bears and said something that Jim Mora would appreciate: "I'm not playing for the playoffs. Right now, I'm playing to win a game.'' That should be the focus of every Lions player and coach. This team will not make the playoffs, so they should get their priorities in order.
- Offensive coordinator Jim Colletto admitted that the Lions' offense was terrible against the Bears. What about the other games this season?
- SB Nation's Week 6 power rankings are out, and unsurprisingly, the Lions came in last place.