- Dan Orlovsky will start at quarterback on Sunday against the Saints. Despite yet another loss, Orlovsky played pretty well against Indianapolis and has been the best quarterback on the team this season in my opinion. He's certainly better than Daunte Culpepper.
- Lions safety Dwight Smith fractured his left ankle during yesterday's game and is out for the season. He was carted off the field, immediately suggesting that the injury was serious.
- Todd McShay's first mock draft is out and he has the Lions selecting Georgia QB Matt Stafford. I personally don't want the Lions to draft a QB in the first-round, as I would rather have them build the offensive line or the secondary. If they were going to draft a QB, I would hope it is Stafford. Sam Bradford seems as though he is more likely to be a bust, even though he did win the Heisman.
- Gosder Cherilus wasn't fined for his hit on Jared Allen in the Vikings game earlier this month. Fullback Moran Norris, on the other hand, was fined $5,000 for getting into a scuffle with a Vikings player. Norris got ejected for throwing a punch.
- By the way, Jared Allen played on Sunday against the Cardinals and had a couple sacks.
- The owner of 0and16.com had the domain registered before this season and has pointed it to winless teams' sites in the past.
- Lions defensive tackle Cory Redding is a member of the NFL's All-Overpaid team on FOXSports.com.
- Apparently former Titans general manager Floyd Reese has been lobbying for the Browns GM job, even though it isn't even open yet. Reese basically did the same thing with the Lions GM job after Matt Millen was fired and no one thought it was that big of a deal. The reaction about his actions with the Browns job, however, is negative.