- According to the Boston Herald, the Lions have requested to talk with Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. I wish McDaniels would bring Scott Pioli with him if he ends up getting hired, but that won't be happening if his destination is Detroit. Even so, you would think it is likely that McDaniels would bring in Matt Cassel to be his starting QB, which would be great news for the Lions. I'm not all that high on Cassel if he isn't in McDaniels' system, but the two combined would be a great package deal.
- Tom Kowalski doesn't think Brian Billick will be hired by the Lions.
- Lions cornerback Leigh Bodden was very upset with the coaches this past season and had nothing but bad things to say about them on Monday.
- I agree with Dave Birkett 100%; it's time that William Clay Ford gives us all some answers by making himself available to the media. Simply sitting back and saying nothing is a pretty cowardly thing to do. I couldn't care less about how bad things went this past season; it's time that he either tells us what the reasoning was behind the promotions of Mayhew and Lewand or simply moves on for good and let's Bill Ford Jr. have control of the team.
- Not that this will be a concern for Lions players, but the 2010 Pro Bowl reportedly will be played the week before the Super Bowl at Dolphin Stadium in Miami (the location of next year's Super Bowl).