- Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma, who has been given permission to seek a trade, was in Detroit today to visit the Lions. Vilma has been a player mentioned as possibly being part of a deal that would send Shaun Rogers to the Jets, and we may soon find out if that will happen. Teams can begin officially trading players on Friday, and I expect Rogers to be dealt sometime soon after the trading period begins.
- Aside from the Jets, the Broncos also have been mentioned as a team hoping to trade for Shaun Rogers. Most recently, though, the Miami Dolphins have been named as a team having interest in the defensive tackle. On top of those three teams, Tom Kowalski reports that two other franchises from the AFC are in "trade talks" with the Lions.
- Offensive tackle L.J. Shelton visited the Lions today. Shelton went to college at Eastern Michigan and played his first six NFL seasons with the Arizona Cardinals.
- The Lions want to re-sign running back Tatum Bell, but it appears as though he will test free agency before choosing to come back to Detroit.
- According to Rod Marinelli, the Lions will not trade Roy Williams.
- The Lions are looking for cornerbacks since depth is so thin at that position. Luckily, there are a ton of solid corners in the draft this year.
- Jon Kitna is the starting quarterback of the Lions, although he will face some competition for a change.
- Damien Woody will not likely be in a Lions uniform next season, but he hasn't completely ruled out a return to Detroit.
Lions Notes: More Rogers Trade Talk
By Sean Yuille