- Detroit will open a three-day long mandatory minicamp tomorrow, giving rookies their first shot at lining up against the veterans, and Kevin Smith is excited.
- Speaking of that minicamp, Army linebacker Caleb Campbell will not miss it as he was able to reschedule his final exams to get them done early. It was originally thought that he would be busy with school, but he will be in Allen Park later tomorrow. Ohio defensive tackle Landon Cohen, on the other hand, will be absent as he is finishing up school.
- The Lions are ranked 29th in ESPN's first power rankings for the 2008 season.
- An undrafted free agent from East Carolina got into a fight with third-round pick Cliff Avril during the rookie minicamp two weekends ago.
- Tatum Bell is coming into the offseason program weighing 213 pounds.
- Barry Sanders unsurprisingly made a list of the top five athletes to retire early.
- Mike Williams recently talked about how the year away from football before joining the Lions hurt his career so much. You think Matt Millen would have seen that before wasting a first-round pick on him.
- The Patriots hosted running back Kevin Jones for a visit. Jones still hasn't signed with a team since being released by the Lions in March.
- The Texans recently put together a video and an article about the zone blocking scheme. What does this have to do with the Lions? Well, Detroit is switching to a zone blocking scheme this season, so it may be good to read up and learn about the philosophy.