- Roy Williams thought that with all of the rumors out there before the draft that he would actually be traded. As it turned out, though, nothing happened, just as Rod Marinelli said. Williams also believes that he will get the franchise tag next offseason, which would keep him in Detroit for at least one more season if he signs the franchise tender.
- The Lions held their first organized team activity (OTA) on Tuesday. They will have fourteen total when all is said and done.
- Click here for a photo gallery of the first OTA.
- The Lions' official website has posted a Q&A with Cliff Avril and one with Rod Marinelli.
- Safety Kalvin Pearson participated in Tuesday's OTA, but declined to comment on the two felony charges he's facing.
- The Free Press has a photo gallery up of the first day of the rookie mini-camp that took place last Friday.
- Defensive coordinator Joe Barry commented on some of the Lions' defensive players recently.
- Mocking the Draft has posted its Top 300 list for the 2009 NFL Draft. I guess it's never too early to start looking ahead to next year's draft.
- Detroit will get a rookie pool of $4,815,910 to pay its draft picks for the coming season.