- ESPN.com's Wayne Drehs wrote an in-depth article on Lions defensive end Jared DeVries and his trip back home to survey damage done by a tornado that touched down at the end of last month. DeVries' Iowa hometown has been demolished by the storms and his high school is completely destroyed. The article is truly sad and unfortunately is just one of the many similar stories for people in Iowa that have had to deal with tornadoes and horrific flooding.
- Lions QB Jon Kitna will be playing in the Buick Open pro-am on Wednesday. He joins the Red Wings' Kirk Maltby, former Tiger Bobby Higginson, and Kid Rock, who may be in the same group as his good friend John Daly. That, folks, would be entertaining to watch.
- SB Nation's 49ers blog Niners Nation took a look at San Francisco's game against the Lions and predicted Detroit to lose 26-24. I have the Lions winning that game to start the season with a 3-0 record.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com sorted through the worst quarterbacks in NFL history, and none other than Joey Harrington topped the list. As the post explains, Harrington was so bad that he hurt his team more than any of the other QBs listed, but since he played for the Lions, continued to be on the field. If he was in a different situation chances are he wouldn't have played as much as he did, but it was the Lions, and sadly he was the best QB on the team for much of his career in Detroit.
- Former Lions receiver Herman Moore went on WDFN recently and disagreed with what Bobby Ross had to say about Barry Sanders.
- Calvin Johnson is going to be really fast in Madden 09.
Tuesday Notes: Harrington Named Worst QB in NFL History
By Sean Yuille