- With Shaun Rogers gone, one of the players that could replace him in the starting lineup is Shaun Cody. Cody struggled through injuries last season, but this year he is looking to play much better. If he's ever going to have a breakout season, he better do it now as this is the final year of his contract and he will be fighting for a roster spot if some of the other defensive tackles really stand out.
- Cody mentioned in the article linked above that he is trying to lose weight and also received phone calls from Rod Marinelli once a week during the offseason to remind him of football.
- One final thing worth mentioning from that article is that Lomas Brown said he is going to work with first-round draft pick Gosder Cherilus. Sounds like a good idea to me.
- Stephen Peterman follows a strict workout routine each day.
- Jeff Otah, a rookie offensive tackle, is recovering from a high-ankle sprain. On the day of the draft I said I would've rather had the Lions pick him instead of Cherilus, but looking back I probably disagree with that statement now.
- Rod Marinelli talks about the Lions new-look secondary.
Wednesday Notes: Cody Hoping for Better Season
By Sean Yuille