- It's things like this that just make me want to shake my head.
The Lions reportedly are interested in Tampa Bay quarterback Chris Simms. Yes, the Chris Simms that is fifth on the Buccaneers' depth chart. Fifth! Would he be an upgrade over Drew Stanton? Maybe. Over Dan Orlovsky? Probably. But why the Lions would even think about trading for Simms is beyond me. He is a mediocre quarterback at best. I realize the Lions don't exactly have a surplus of talent at the QB position themselves, but the thought of giving up anything to get Chris Simms makes me cringe. Then again, the Lions also are interested in trading for LaMont Jordan, so I suppose that should tell me all I need to know.
- The Free Press caught up with new Lions safety Dwight Smith, who is glad to be home.
- The Sporting News predicts a 3-13 season for the Lions. If that happens, meaning the Lions would have regressed back to 2006, it might be time for a change yet again.
- Also coming from the Sporting News, Jon Kitna was ranked as the NFL's 25th best quarterback, one spot behind second-year QB Trent Edwards. Remember back in the 2007 draft when Edwards was still available long after Drew Stanton was taken? Yeah, good call Millen.
- Rod Marinelli is on vacation to relax for a little bit before training camp starts up next week, and he doesn't really want to talk about Brett Favre.
- Don't forget to check out this post regarding Pride of Detroit's fantasy football league. You will be able to go up against other readers of this site as well as myself.
Tuesday Notes: Lions Interested in Chris Simms? Seriously?
By Sean Yuille