- Even though training camp begins later this week, the Lions have only signed one draft pick so far (Cliff Avril). I imagine the later picks will be inked to deals in the coming days, but I do wonder if Detroit will be able to get all of their draft picks signed in time for training camp. For rookies, training camp really is one of the most important times of their development, and even a few missed practices could hurt them in the long run. With that in mind, I hope the Lions get the contracts signed soon as it would just be stupid for any rookie to get a late start.
- As stated above, training camp begins later this week. Specifically, players report on Wednesday and practice for the first time Thursday morning.
- New Lions cornerback Leigh Bodden wants to pick off at least 10 passes this season.
- Tom Kowalski discussed 5 questions about the Lions as training camp nears.
- Mike O'Hara has more details on open practices during training camp.
- Roger Goodell is keeping his eye on Gosder Cherilus and Jordon Dizon. Both Cherilus and Dizon were involved in legal troubles before being drafted by the Lions, but that doesn't mean they're out of the clear. Cherilus will get a personal conduct review and Dizon will have to deal with what I imagine is a first offense in the substance-abuse policy.
- The Sporting News ranked the top 20 tight ends, and the Lions' Michael Gaines came in at #20.
- Defensive end Jason Taylor finally got his wish and was traded to the Redskins.
Monday Notes: Training Camp Begins Thursday
By Sean Yuille