- Saturday? Although I rarely post on the weekends in the offseason, I felt there was a need to today since so much is going on right now with the start of training camp. I can't tell you for sure if there will be another post tomorrow or if weekend posts will continue in the future, but as long as there is a lot to talk about, I will keep you all updated regardless of the time of the week.
- Anyways, getting to the important stuff, the Lions' second day of practice was held outside for both sessions. In the morning the Lions wore full pads and in the afternoon were in shells.
- Jordon Dizon was able to get out on the practice field in the afternoon after missing the morning session. He also said that he regrets not telling the Lions about his drunk driving arrest that happened just days before the draft. He only came clean with Rod Marinelli once the arrest became public knowledge, but at least he did admit his mistake.
- Cornerback Leigh Bodden has officially signed his four-year, $27 million contract extension. Back on Thursday, Bodden picked off a pass and returned it for a touchdown. That was before he found out about his contract extension, too. I bet he was pretty happy how his first day of Lions training camp went.
- On Friday, Bodden got another interception, and linebackers Paris Lenon and Buster Davis also got a couple of picks, although Davis was stripped by Calvin Johnson after the INT. Is it just me, or are there way too many interceptions being thrown? I know the Lions don't have the best QBs around, but man, it seems like a lot of passes are being picked off.
- Ernie Sims participated in team drills on Friday after not being a part of them on Thursday. That's good news as it obviously means his injury isn't too big of a concern right now.
- There have been no changes to the PUP list despite some speculation that a player or two would be taken off and put on the active roster.
- Rookie running back Kevin Smith was treated like the rookie he is by a couple of veterans after his first practice. He had to carry the shoulder pads and helmets of Tatum Bell and Aveion Cason.
- College quarterback turned NFL receiver Reggie Ball injured his knee yesterday in practice.
- An Army graduate and one-time Tigers draft pick thinks that Caleb Campbell would better serve the Army by playing for the Lions rather than possibly going to Iraq in the future.
- Speaking of Campbell, somebody needs to tell CNN he was a seventh-round pick, not a first-rounder.
- The Free Press has a partial transcript up of Matt Millen's recent interview on WDFN.
- MLive has a photo gallery of the Lions' second day of camp up.
- NBC will stream its Sunday night football games on the Internet for free. This is the first time NFL games will be live on the Internet for free, and as expected, other networks aren't exactly thrilled about this development.
- Finally, in an unrelated note, I f***ing hate Todd Jones. The Tigers went from being 4.5 games back to 6.5 as Jones served up a home run with only 1 more out needed for the win. They don't call him Roller Coaster for nothing.
Saturday Notes: Interceptions for Everyone
By Sean Yuille