- The Lions followed their normal routine on Tuesday by having both practices outside. The morning session was in full pads and the special teams practice was in helmets and shorts.
- Tuesday was the final day of Lions practices being open to the public. According to the Lions, over 8,000 fans made their way to the team's facility during the 25 open practices this year. (That number includes the fan day event)
- If Aveion Cason can handle both kick and punt return duties then there is a good chance the Lions will only keep four wide receivers on their active roster this season. I'd say it's more likely that there will be five WRs, but if Cason does a good enough job as the returner or if the Lions need to keep a player at another position for depth reasons, then four it is.
- Gosder Cherilus probably will be the Lions' starting right tackle this season, but he recently practiced at left tackle just in case he ever needs to switch positions.
- Offensive lineman Manny Ramirez was told to leave the field by an OL coach for not doing a drill "fast enough" and because the coach was "cranky."
- Linebacker Gilbert Gardner and tight end Michael Gaines missed practice due to injuries.
- Safety Daniel Bullocks finally returned to practice on Monday. That was his first practice in nearly a year as he has been out since August 25, 2007.
- Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio has the Lions in the 24th spot in his preseason power rankings.