The 2008 Pride of Detroit Fantasy Football League now has 12 members and is ready to go. The 12 teams have been separated into three unnamed (as of right now) divisions, and the draft order has been randomly set. Take a look below for the full draft order (screen name on Pride of Detroit is in parentheses).
- SnotKnocker's (Ace Banger,The Guru)
- Underdogs (Sig Saur)
- Rudys Warhawks (?)
- Just go away Favre (ahtrap)
- Calvin and the Chipmunks (mgersz)
- Detroit's Few Good Men (ReichardZ)
- West Coast Lions (LVLionfan)
- LA Leos (sgdbw90)
- Maize 'n' Blue Jays (THE_J)
- Better Than Millen (Sean Yuille)
- Motown Madmen (Jettero2112)
- The Gosder Cherilus Posse (The Prodigy)
For those of you that are in this league, there are some decisions that have to be made regarding it. Probably the most important decision is when to have the draft, so basically I'm opening up the floor to you guys as far as the date/time goes. Right now it is set for 7:00 p.m. ET on August 21, but that is in no way set in stone.
With that in mind, let me know what time of the day is best for you, and if there is a certain day where you know you won't be available, tell me. That way we can set a draft time where hopefully nearly everyone can make it.
Beyond the draft, some other decisions that need to be made include what starting rosters will look like, how points will be awarded (scoring options), whether or not there will be a trade deadline, and how long the playoffs should last. To see what the roster requirements currently are and what the scoring options look like, go to the league page and click on scoring rules and league rules.
Below are some specific questions I'd like each of you to answer (in the comments section of this post) in order to get an idea of what changes, if any, need to be made before this league officially gets started.
- When is a good time of the day to have the draft?
- Are there any days where you know you couldn't make it to the draft?
- After getting a look at what the roster requirements currently are, do any changes need to be made? (i.e. 1 more RB should be started, no RB/WR, etc.)
- Do any changes need to be made to the specific scoring options?
- Should there be decimal point scoring?
- Should there be performance bonuses that award extra points for a certain amount of yards gained?
- Do we need to have a trading deadline? If yes, what week should we have it?
- Should we have the playoffs start in week 15 and end in week 17 or only last two weeks (meaning they would finish in week 16)?
- Finally, do you have any ideas for what the names of the three divisions should be?
Thanks in advance for answering the above questions and here's to getting this league rolling full speed ahead!
(By the way, I'll be posting info on the overflow league shortly, so if you're not in the official league, you still will be able to play fantasy football with other readers of Pride of Detroit.)