- The Lions returned to the practice field on Friday and had one practice in helmets and shoulder pads. This comes after Thursday's practices were canceled by Rod Marinelli. Today, the team is having only a walkthrough before traveling to Cincinnati for tomorrow's game against the Bengals.
- Training camp will officially end on Monday as the players have the day off, and when they come back will follow a regular season-like practice schedule. They will only have a single practice each day instead of two as it is time to start getting into a routine similar to the one they will have during the regular season.
- Roy Williams drafted himself in ESPN's Fantasy Draft Special earlier this week. He is one of eight owners in the league and is the only active player in it.
- ESPN's Kevin Seifert answered some questions about the Lions.
- Jon Kitna will be moving around more when he is making passes. We already saw that quite a bit in the first preseason game as he would rollout or do a bootleg before making a pass.
- Former Lion Mike Utley hopes to one day walk off the field under his own power.
- Lions starters will get more playing time during tomorrow night's game against the Bengals. Rod Marinelli said they will be in the game for around 18-22 snaps, which could be an extra drive or two compared to last week's game.
- Fullback Jon Bradley, safety Daniel Bullocks, tight end Dan Campbell, and kicker Jason Hanson will not play against the Bengals due to injuries, and wide receiver Shaun McDonald might not play.
- Finally, just as I did last week, I will provide live updates of the Bengals game in the comments section of tomorrow's game thread. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET.