Before I get on the topic of the official Pride of Detroit Fantasy Football League, I first want to mention that an overflow league has been set up. It already has 7 members in it, meaning there are 5 spots remaining. To sign up for the league, leave a comment on this post to let me know that you want to join it. I will then e-mail you the details of what you need to do to officially get in the league. Once the league is filled with 12 members I will put up a post allowing everyone to discuss a draft date/time and things like that.
Moving on to the official Pride of Detroit FFL, I have gone through and updated the scoring rules and also have made a few other changes. Basically, I took the responses of the members of the league into consideration and then messed around with the scoring rules. Thankfully Fleaflicker gives you total customization of the rules, meaning I was able to implement many different things.
I'll get into all of the scoring changes in just a bit, but first, here are some of the other most noticeable changes:
- The three divisions are now named after Lions Hall of Famers Charlie Sanders, Bobby Layne, and Doak Walker.
- We will have decimal point scoring. Although I was originally leaning in the direction of not using this feature, I decided at the last minute to include decimals. It should make things much more interesting as every single yard will count.
- The playoff schedule has been changed so the championship game will be played in week 16. That means the playoffs begin in week 14, allowing us to still include 6 teams (I originally thought this wasn't possible, but thankfully, it is). That is great news as not only do 6 teams get to make the playoffs, but the league championship can be decided before the final week of the NFL season.
- During the regular season ties will not be broken. I would be shocked if any game ever end in a tie since we're using decimal point scoring, but if it does then it will remain a tie. In the playoffs there are obviously tiebreakers ready to go in case they are needed, but in the regular season you'll have to have the feeling of kissing your sister.
- The trade deadline has been set for week 10.
- I added a second running back to the starting roster and also increased the size of the bench by one player. That means that each team will have 16 players, giving you room on the roster for at least one backup at each position if you want, and then one more spot on top of that as well.
- The most important change outside of scoring rules is that the draft now is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET on August 26 (a week from today). That will allow us to get through one more week of the preseason to see if any injuries happen, which hopefully will prevent any devastating blows to a team before the regular season even begins.
The scoring changes/performance bonuses can be found after the jump or below if you're already on the story page.
- 1 extra point when total Passing Completions is greater than or equal to 25
- 2 extra points when total Passing Yards is greater than or equal to 500
- 1 extra point when total Passing Yards is between 300 and 499 (inclusive)
- 2 extra points for every Passing TD of 80 or more yards
- 1 extra point for every Passing TD between 50 and 79 yards (inclusive)
- 2 extra points when total Rushing Yards is greater than or equal to 250
- 1 extra point when total Rushing Yards is between 150 and 249 (inclusive)
- 2 extra points for every Rushing TD of 80 or more yards
- 1 extra point for every Rushing TD between 50 and 79 yards (inclusive)
- 1 extra point when total Catches is greater than or equal to 10
- 2 extra points when total Receiving Yards is greater than or equal to 250
- 1 extra point when total Receiving Yards is between 150 and 249 (inclusive)
- 2 extra points for every Receiving TD of 80 or more yards
- 1 extra point for every Receiving TD between 50 and 79 yards (inclusive)
- 2 extra points for every FG of 50 or more yards
- 1 extra point for every FG between 40 and 49 yards (inclusive)
- -1 point for every FG Missed
- -2 points for every XP Missed
1 point for every XP Blocked (for team defenses only)
- 2 points for every FG Blocked (for team defenses only)
- 2 points for every Punt Blocked (for team defenses only)
- Change: 1 point for every 25 Passing Yards (previously was 1 point for every 20 yards)
- Change: -2 points for every Fumble Lost (previously deducted points for fumbles that weren't lost; I got rid of that)
- Change: 1 point for every Sack (previously sacks were worth 2 points)
- Change: 2 points for every Safety (previously safeties were worth 4 points)
- I also added performance bonuses that vary depending on how many points a defense allows. Here's how that scale works: 10 points for a shutout, 7 points for 1-6 PA (points allowed), 4 points for 7-13 PA, 1 point for 14-20 PA, 0 points for 21-27 PA, -1 points for 28-34 PA, and -4 points for 35 or more PA.
That should cover the changes I made. These same changes will be applied to the overflow league as well to keep the two leagues consistent. I will have different division names, though, and we will obviously have a different draft date as well.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.