- The Lions practiced outside in helmets and shorts on Tuesday afternoon. It appears there will not be any practice today as the Lions are having their annual kickoff luncheon. And on Thursday they will head to Buffalo to play the Bills.
- Rod Marinelli said after yesterday's practice that Jason Hanson is 100% healthy "according to the trainers."
- Marinelli also said that it's possible that Drew Henson could play as much as an entire half against Buffalo. The playing time he gets will depend on how many plays he has learned, so the coaches should have a pretty good idea of where he's at right now.
- Dan Campbell will not play tomorrow against Buffalo. Daniel Bullocks, on the other hand, should play.
- Sports Illustrated has predicted the Lions to go 7-9 for the second season in a row. It is only the preseason, but the Lions seem like they have improved quite a bit on defense and on offense (sans the running game). If they can move the ball on the ground successfully then I think 7-9 is certainly a possibility. I might even be inclined to say the Lions could get to 8-8 or better.
- While on the topic of predictions, I projected the Lions to go 6-10 back in late May/early June. I'll reevaluate that prediction before the season starts, and I feel like I'll probably agree with SI and give them a 7-9 record.
- Roy Williams believes that he and Calvin Johnson are the NFL's third best receiving duo. He doesn't think they're quite on the level of the Colts' Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne or the Bengals' Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh just yet. I would agree with him considering Calvin Johnson's rookie season wasn't out of this world amazing or anything like that, but this season Roy and Calvin have a great chance to move up that list. C.J. is due for a breakout season and if Roy can be Roy, the numbers won't lie.
- Michael Strahan is going to stay retired.
- The official Pride of Detroit Fantasy Football League's draft was held last night and it went smoothly. I'm not exactly thrilled with how some of my picks went, but you can read more about that in a separate post. The overflow league's draft will take place tonight at 8 p.m. ET.
Wednesday Notes: Jason Hanson Back to Full Health?
By Sean Yuille