- Channel 95.5, a radio station in Detroit, had a funeral for the Matt Millen era last Friday. A photo gallery of the funeral can be found here.
- With Millen no longer working for the Lions, he also is no longer a member of the NFL's Competition Committee.
- FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer, who broke that Matt Millen had been fired last week, thinks this about the Lions' GM job: "I think it's a GM's dream, to be honest with you. There's a lot of people chomping at the bit for this one." Glazer thinks that because Millen did such a bad job that expectations will be very low and no one can do any worse than Millen.
- Cris Carter apparently knew that Charles Rogers and Mike Williams would be busts before the Lions drafted them.
- Pro Football Talk reports that there's talk in some league circles that Rich McKay is someone Rod Marinelli, Martin Mayhew, and Tom Lewand would want to be hired since he probably wouldn't change much.
- PFT also reports that Raiders owner Al Davis likes Matt Millen quite a bit and talks to him more than most Raiders employees.
- The Rams have fired head coach Scott Linehan. Could Lane Kiffin be next?