- According to the Free Press, Jon Kitna practiced yesterday and didn't look injured at all.
- Rod Marinelli isn't acknowledging that he is a lame-duck coach and claims to not even know what the phrase means. Well, Rod, basically it means you're coaching on a temporary basis until a new general manager is hired and he brings in his own guy. There's a long way to go until we get to that point, but Marinelli probably won't be back next season if a new GM is hired, so he's like a substitute teacher in a sense.
- Matt Millen apparently was at the Lions' headquarters in Allen Park on Monday. I assume he was there to pick up his belongings or something like that as there is no other reason for him to be there anymore.
- The Lions haven't received any phone calls about trading Roy Williams and they don't plan on making any, either.
- The Free Press has a photo gallery of the Lions' first practice without Matt Millen.
- The Raiders finally fired Lane Kiffin. Al Davis didn't even do it in person and "fired him without pay." I'm sure Kiffin and his agent will do everything they can to get the money he is owed, especially considering how rude Davis was throughout the entire process.
- Before Kiffin was fired, he sent Sebastian Janikowski out to kick a 76-yard field goal at the end of the first half of Sunday's game against the Chargers.
- The halftime entertainment for the 2009 Super Bowl will be Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.
- Jaguars offensive tackle Richard Collier, who was shot 14 times earlier this month, is paralyzed from the waist down and had his left leg amputated as a result of the shooting.