- The Lions are losing money.
- According to a blurb in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, former Browns GM Phil Savage "has resisted overtures to join the Detroit Lions in a personnel capacity."
- The Lions were granted permission to speak with Titans defensive assistant/quality control coach Matt Burke. Burke works with linebackers in Tennessee, so that seems to be the likely position for him to coach should he join the Lions.
- Jim Schwartz isn't going to call defensive plays for the Lions, as he wants to divide his time equally between both offense and defense and worry about managing the game.
- Schwartz made it clear that the hiring of Scott Linehan does not mean that Daunte Culpepper will or won't be back next season.
- The Lions spent a lot of time scouting and becoming familiar with draft prospects at the Senior Bowl.
- SI's Don Banks posted a mock draft that has the Lions taking Alabama OT Andre Smith with the #1 pick and Florida State DE Everette Brown with the #20 pick.
- The odds of the Lions winning the 2010 Super Bowl are 150-1.