- SB Nation's NFL Draft blog, Mocking the Draft, has relaunched and is better than ever. There are now specific authors covering each division and one of them posted a profile of the Lions earlier today.
- According to Michael David Smith of the FanHouse, the consensus around the NFL is that Matthew Stafford will be drafted #1 overall by the Detroit Lions. I hope that doesn't end up happening, but it is great news that people around the NFL believe it will. This belief gives the Lions hope that a team will be willing to trade up to the #1 pick to take Stafford. That scenario seems unlikely to me, but the only way it will happen is if NFL teams believe Stafford is a near lock to be drafted by Detroit. In order for that to happen, the Lions will have to show great interest in Stafford regardless of whether or not it is genuine.
- Offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said that he probably will not name a starting quarterback until after the preseason is complete. More of what Linehan said can be found on Dave Birkett's blog.
- The Lions still have not paid anything to Matt Millen since they fired him last year.
- Steve Mariucci doesn't think Matt Millen was ready to be a general manager.
- Floyd Reese, who publicly expressed interest in working for the Lions and a couple other teams, is now the New England Patriots' senior adviser.
- Michael Vick is suing a company that is co-owned by Lions safety Daniel Bullocks.
Thursday Notes: Starting QB Will Be Named After Preseason
By Sean Yuille