- The trade deadline is at 4 p.m., and so far it doesn't appear that there are even whispers of a trade by the Lions. Jim Schwartz did say that the Lions are "open to everything," but as of right now I haven't heard even a single trade rumor.
- Defensive end Copeland Bryan sprained his right knee's MCL during Sunday's loss to the Packers. That is the same injury that Steelers safety Troy Polamalu suffered during the opening week of the season, and he just returned on Sunday. It obviously depends on the severity of the injury, but usually it'll take 3-6 weeks to get back on the field after suffering an MCL sprain.
- Offensive guard Stephen Peterman enjoyed playing some defensive tackle against the Packers.
- I made the mistake of forgetting my iPod when I went home this weekend, so I actually listed to 97.1 The Ticket for a bit while driving yesterday. The little bit I listened to before I changed to music was basicaly Brandon Pettigrew getting criticized and the hosts of the show questioning the Lions decision to draft him at pick No. 20. I thought to myself: Yes, he has been rather average so far, but let's wait until at least the end of the season before making that kind of judgment. John Niyo agrees with that line of thinking, pointing out that Pettigrew missed part of training camp and is still adjusting to the NFL. My guess is that by the end of the season, Pettigrew will be one of Matthew Stafford's favorite targets, assuming of course that Stafford gets healthy and stays healthy.
- That brings me to my next bit of news. Stafford went on Mitch Albom's radio show yesterday and denied that there is talk about his injury potentially being season-ending. According to him, any talk of him possibly having surgery or being out for the season is nothing more than a rumor. Let's hope it remains nothing more than a rumor.
- Cliff Avril shared his plans for the bye week on his blog.
- Julian Peterson is going to be an honorary captain for Michigan State on Saturday. Considering the Lions are on a bye and both Michigan and Michigan State are home, I would expect to see Drew Stanton in East Lansing and Jeff Backus, Larry Foote, and Jon Jansen in Ann Arbor on Saturday.