- Defensive end Copeland Bryan was placed on injured reserve yesterday. An MCL sprain he suffered against the Packers is the reason behind his season coming to an end. The Lions replaced Bryan on the roster with free agent linebacker Vinny Ciurciu, who has been on a variety of teams over the years, including the Panthers, Buccaneers, Vikings, and Patriots. Ciurciu actually practiced at fullback on Thursday, showing that he is a very versatile player. His biggest impact will likely be on special teams rather than at linebacker, but the Lions obviously feel that he could also help out with depth at fullback.
- The Lions filled the vacancy on their practice squad (Lydon Murtha was signed by the Dolphins, as you probably already know) by signing defensive tackle Joe Cohen.
- Matthew Stafford threw some passes on the sideline during Thursday's practice, but he didn't actually get on the field with the rest of the team.
- The Lions were still so injured earlier this week that Jim Schwartz had to change a practice to a walkthrough.
- Schwartz said that the Lions would be comfortable with DeAndre Levy being a starter.
Anthony Henry could still be moved to safety.
- Some Lions players are going back to their colleges for the bye week and others are simply going home. Kevin Smith is actually going to New York City, but he said the Rams will still be on his mind even though the game isn't until next week.
- Orien Harris, who was released by the Lions earlier this season, has signed with the Bengals.
- The Highlight Reel's Philip Zaroo snapped a couple funny pictures during a Lions practice. The first is of Tom Lewand and Jim Schwartz, who both have a priceless expression on their face. The second is of Dominic Raiola doing what he does best: flipping people off.