- Matthew Stafford sat out practice on Wednesday. If he misses practice again today, chances are he will not play against the Steelers on Sunday. Usually a player needs to get a couple days of practice in to play when he is injured, and although anything could happen, I doubt Stafford would play after missing a couple days of practice toward the end of the week.
- Stafford wasn't the only player to miss practice on Wednesday, as Calvin Johnson, Gosder Cherilus, Dewayne White, Sammie Hill, Kalvin Pearson, and Ko Simpson were all sidelined as well. Ernie Sims and Grady Jackson were limited in practice. I think this week's injury report is going to be a bit more lengthier than usual.
- For the Steelers, it appears that Willie Parker is not going to play on Sunday. The status of Troy Polamalu isn't so certain just yet, as he was limited during practice yesterday. I'd say right now it's not looking like he will play, but it's not looking like he won't, either.
- There were 1,500 tickets available for Sunday's game against the Steelers as of Wednesday. The deadline to reach a sellout is 1 p.m. today, but the Lions will receive a 24-hour extension if the game isn't already sold out by then. Considering the number of tickets left is so low compared to the other home games, I'd say the chances of this game selling out are very, very good.
- Due to injuries and a lack of depth, Julian Peterson has played some defensive end recently.
- Based on some of the things Zack Follett has said this week, I expect him to play like he was shot out of a cannon on Sunday.
- The Lions came in 27th in SB Nation's first power rankings of the season. (For the record, I ranked the Lions as the 26th best team in the league.)
- I thought I heard during the Tigers-Twins game earlier this week that the Metrodome was renamed to Mall of America Field. Actually, only the field was given a name, as the stadium is still called the Metrodome.
Thursday Notes: Stafford Misses Practice; Sellout Likely for Steelers Game
By Sean Yuille