- As expected, Brandon Pettigrew's spot on the roster will be filled by rookie Dan Gronkowski, who is currently on the practice squad. Once Gronkowski is activated from the practice squad, it will mean that every single one of the Lions' 2009 draft picks made it to the active roster of an NFL team. All but one of them will have been on the Lions' active roster, as Lydon Murtha is on the Dolphins. I'd say that is pretty impressive and says a lot about the Lions' draft this year, though it also says a lot about the lack of talent on this team.
- Dewayne White is probably going to return against the Bengals this week.
- Jim Schwartz didn't express any regret over starting Matthew Stafford and made sure to point out that his shoulder was not the reason for his interceptions.
- Packers tight end Jermichael Finley apparently told Louis Delmas that "payback's coming" after Delmas delivered what is considered a dirty hit on him during the game on Thursday. The payback never actually came, but Finley hopes that Delmas will receive a fine for the hit. My guess is that Finley will be satisfied in that regard, because Delmas will almost certainly have to open his checkbook.
- Matthew Stafford was voted the NFL Rookie of the Week for his performance against the Browns.
- The Silverdome's new owners plan on using the facility for more than just soccer.
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.