- Although he was listed as limited, Calvin Johnson practiced on Wednesday with the No. 1 offense. That's a good sign, because even Matthew Stafford was listed as limited in practice. He was listed as limited last week as well, but he obviously ended up playing. For Calvin, it looks like he will be a game-time decision, which is probably what Kevin Smith will be as well. Smith missed yesterday's practice because the shoulder he injured during the Rams game is still sore. If Smith is unable to play on Sunday, Maurice Morris will step in as the starter, and you can probably expect to see more of Aaron Brown as well.
- Jason Hunter finally returned to practice after missing a couple games. It would be nice to get him back for this weekend.
- Wide receiver Eric Fowler has been signed to the practice squad by the Lions.
- It looks like Manny Ramirez and Jon Jansen are competing for the starting spot at left guard.
- Danny Amendola, the returner that got lit up by Zack Follett, has a concussion. When asked about the hit, Amendola said this:
"The hit didn't hurt, but my mind wasn't working," Amendola said. "I walked off, I think. Just got my head buzzed a little bit."Zack Follett: he will hurt your mind.
- Roy Williams complained to the media about how Tony Romo's passes to Miles Austin are thrown much better than when they go in his direction. I still can't believe we got a first- and third-round pick for him.
Thursday Notes: Calvin Johnson Practices, Kevin Smith Sidelined with Shoulder Injury
By Sean Yuille