- Dan Gronkowski may get a chance to play tight end on Sunday because Casey FitzSimmons is suffering from concussion-like symptoms. FitzSimmons missed Thursday's practice, and if he is unable to play, Gronkowski will see his first regular season action at tight end. Quite a few friends and relatives of Gronkowski will be at the game since he played college football at the University of Maryland, so it would be pretty cool if he got to play at TE this week.
- Ernie Sims could return against Baltimore.
- Louis Delmas and DeAndre Levy have the third- and fourth-most tackles, respectively, out of all the NFL's rookies.
- Gunther Cunningham loves Levy.
- Kalvin Pearson was back at practice on Wednesday and should play this week.
- There was some talk that the Lions might bring in a few punters for a workout in case Nick Harris is too injured to play this week, but considering I haven't heard anything about a tryout yet and that no punter has been signed, I'd imagine that Harris will play.
- Some Lions players shared their thoughts on who should win the Heisman Trophy.
- Chris Spielman was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame earlier this week.
- Chad Ochocinco was fined $30,000 for the sombrero celebration he did during last Sunday's Lions-Bengals game.
Friday Notes: FitzSimmons Misses Practice; Gronkowski to Get His Shot at TE on Sunday?
By Sean Yuille