- Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Ernie Sims, and Dewayne White all practiced on Tuesday. Kalvin Pearson and Daniel Loper were out with injuries.
- Ko Simpson was placed on IR last week and replaced on the roster by Jahi Word-Daniels.
- Jim Schwartz didn't have a problem with Louis Delmas' hit on Jermichael Finley because some things you just can't coach differently.
- According to Chad Ochocinco, Bengals receivers want the ball to be thrown 50 times against the Lions on Sunday. While that would probably be good for a few of my fantasy teams, the thought of Carson Palmer throwing 50 times against the Lions' secondary is just scary.
- The Lions are causing ticket-selling problems for the Bengals, who are having trouble reaching a sellout for Sunday's game.
- Similar to Matthew Stafford against Cleveland, Brett Favre was mic'd up against the Lions last month. As much as I can't stand Favre still being in the division, I have to say, it was pretty entertaining to listen to what he had to say throughout the game, including when he chatted with Stafford before kickoff and after the final whistle. My favorite part of the segment was when Stephen Peterman lined up at defensive tackle and Favre noticed and said, "Damn, Stephen. What they got you in for?" Favre quickly snapped the ball after the remark and Adrian Peterson ran into the end zone for a touchdown. Favre then went over to Peterman and asked if they are paying him overtime. It was just a funny exchange, though there were many in the video.
- Citing the fact that "everybody's a little different," Jim Schwartz didn't want to even guess how long Brandon Pettigrew's ACL injury could keep him out.
Wednesday Notes: Ernie Sims, Dewayne White Return to Practice
By Sean Yuille