- Jim Schwartz didn't make it sound like Matthew Stafford will be back this week, but that isn't a guarantee by any means. If Stafford is out, though, the coaches will have to decide if Daunte Culpepper or Drew Stanton will start, and as of right now no decision has been made. The players will know by Wednesday, and I'm hoping they will learn that Stanton will finally get a chance to start. The fact of the matter is that the offense scored points with Stanton in the game. Yes, he made some mistakes, but he played better than Culpepper in my opinion. Plus, Stanton deserves a chance to get some experience. What is the point in playing Culpepper at this point? I think Stanton has just as good of a chance of leading the Lions to victory as Culpepper, so there really doesn't seem to be any point in not getting him more experience if Stafford can't go.
- Dan Gronkowski cleared waivers and was signed to the practice squad. Terrance Taylor, who was just signed last week, was released to make room for Gronkowski.
- Kevin Smith was scheduled to visit Dr. James Andrews in Alabama today, and he said he doesn't want to leave without having surgery.
- Louis Delmas was pissed off after the Lions' loss yesterday, to say the least.
- Drew Stanton shared his thoughts on yesterday's game on his blog.
Monday Notes: Decision on This Week's Starting QB to Be Made by Wednesday
By Sean Yuille