On top of the news that the Lions have signed running back Maurice Morris, there are also some updates on other free agents that visited Allen Park today.
- Wide receiver Nate Washington has already left Allen Park and did not come to a terms with the Lions. Washington's agent told Dave Birkett that the receiver is still interested in the Lions, but that's all we know right now. Washington is scheduled to visit other teams this weekend, so if I had to predict, I would say he ends up somewhere other than Detroit. That is just pure speculation, though.
- Also reported by Dave Birkett is that offensive guard Derrick Dockery did not come to terms with the Lions. It isn't known if he has left the area yet, so I guess I will have to wait to make a judgment on this situation.
- Tom Kowalski reports that the Lions have not contacted running back Derrick Ward. There were reports earlier today that the Lions were interested in Ward, but now that Morris has been signed this is really a moot point. The Lions have already found their #2 running back, so what happens with Ward doesn't really seem like it would be relevant to the Lions anymore.
- Here is a brief list of some recent free agent signings:
QB Kerry Collins re-signed with the Titans
RBs J.J. Arrington and Correll Buckhalter signed with the Broncos
WR Jabar Gaffney also signed with the Broncos
OG Chris Kemoeatu re-signed with the Steelers
LB Jonathan Vilma reached an agreement with the Saints
CB Domonique Foxworth signed with the Ravens
S Chris Crocker re-signed with the Bengals
S Renaldo Hill signed with the Broncos
S Brian Dawkins also signed with the Broncos
- The Chiefs traded an undisclosed draft pick to the Patriots for linebacker Mike Vrabel.
- On an unrelated to free agency note, Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry wrote his latest diary entry for SI.com about the combine. He talked about various combine-related things and also briefly touched on his lunch with the Lions.