- Wake Forest LB Aaron Curry is going to visit the Lions on Sunday. Jason Smith and Matthew Stafford visited earlier this week, and I'm sure there will be a few more that come to Allen Park in the next couple of weeks.
- Don Banks' latest mock draft has the Lions taking Baylor OT Jason Smith with the top pick and Mississippi DT Peria Jerry with the #20 pick. That sounds good to me, though I would prefer a linebacker to be drafted if the Lions take an OT with the #1 pick.
- Wayne Fontes left a lasting impression on a veteran NFL official for a very interesting reason.
Then there are other coaches that scream and yell to get their way. I remember once in Detroit, Wayne Fontes was the coach then, and I spotted the ball on third down and he's yelling and the Lions have to punt. Then he comes up to me during the TV timeout and says, 'Tom. That was a good spot. You hit it right on the head.' I said, 'Well then why are you yelling at me?' And he said, 'Tom, if I don't do that then the fans up there don't think I'm doing my job.'That definitely sounds like something Wayne Fontes would do. (HT: Highlight Reel)
- What is a great way to damage your credibility with only one paragraph? In my opinion, at least, compare Matthew Stafford to Dan Marino.
- I don't want to be too judgmental, but does Andre Smith look like an NFL player to any of you?
- Albert Haynesworth was indicted for a pair of misdemeanor traffic charges.