- Martin Mayhew, James Harris, and three other Lions officials attended Matthew Stafford's pro day workout yesterday. The general consensus appears to be that Stafford performed well during the workout. He didn't hurt himself with his performance, but at the same time, he didn't cement himself as the top overall pick, not that that was likely anyways. I don't think Stafford could have made himself the likely top overall pick, as the Lions simply are considering so many players. Regardless, it's good to see that the workout went well. Even if the Lions aren't leaning toward drafting him, the more hype surrounding Stafford the better. If teams are looking into drafting him, they may think a trade is necessary to get him. That is an unlikely scenario, but Stafford's performance on Thursday keeps it a slim possibility.
- Anthony Henry is looking forward to the opportunity of playing in Detroit.
- Dan Orlovsky had good things to say about Drew Stanton in an interview on Sirius NFL Radio yesterday. He also joked about his infamous safety against the Vikings.
"I was playing pickup basketball with some friends about two weeks ago in the gym and one of my friends dribbled out of bounds and he didn't realize it and kept dribbling," Orlovsky said. "I was like, 'See, it happens a lot more than you think.'"At least he has a good sense of humor about it.
- A Lions scout was at Colgate's pro day to get a look at an offensive lineman.
- Six players and many other members of the Lions organization are going to be at Corey Smith's memorial on Saturday.