- Just a heads up: Look for info on Pride of Detroit's community mock draft to be posted sometime later today or tomorrow, with the latter being the most likely. A brief summary of what the POD mock draft will be all about is that I will take readers of the site and let them be a GM for each team, and then they will go through the draft. Depending on how long it takes, it will last either one or two rounds, with the hope obviously being for getting through the first day of the draft.
- There are differing opinions about who the Lions should take with the top overall pick, but for the most part the only players mentioned with the No. 1 selection are Matthew Stafford and Jason Smith, as illustrated in USA Today's mock draft.
- Dave Birkett has the Lions taking Stafford with the top pick and Rey Maualuga with the 20th selection.
- Dan Orlovsky's high school is going to retire his number.
- The cause of the boat accident that claimed the lives of Corey Smith, Marquis Cooper, and William Bleakley apparently happened due to "poor anchoring."
- With the Final Four now set, Curse of Bobby Layne 50 Years is in first-place in the Pride of Detroit tournament pool. Sawmill22 is in second, and I am in third, 5 points out of the lead. Damn you, Louisville.
Monday Notes: Opinions Differ on Top Overall Pick
By Sean Yuille
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.